Hair transplantation is the transplant of hair follicles comes from the nape to the area where spills exist. Since it is a surgical procedure, it is very important where, how, by whom and by what method of hair transplantation need to perfom. In this article, we will talk about what you will encounter in tha phase of hair tansplant growth process.
Before Hair Transplant Growth Process
Before hair transplantation, the causes of shedding is important; It is determined whether it is permanent or temporary. A blood test is an important matter to check whether there are infectious and chronic diseases. The expert will decide how much hair follicles should plant in the treatment area and checked whether the amount from the nape meets the number of hair follicles needed. If not, the hair follicles taken from under the arm, chest and beard will be on the plan. The expert aims a natural look by taking into account the facial features.
Hair Transplantation Techniques
Hair transplantation methods are as follows:
FUE Hair Transplantation Technique
This technique is convenient people with advanced hair loss. The procedure is performed by placing the strong hair follicles coming from the nape of the neck into the channels opened in the skin. In the FUE hair transplant technique, the hair must be shaved. As a donor, the process of collecting hair follicles from the nape takes 2-3 hours. The expert should select hair follicles carefully. Afterwards, the channel opening process is on way. This process, takes 2.5-3 hours. Between 3000-6000 roots can be planted in the channels opened with the FUE hair transplantation technique.
DHI Hair Transplantation Technique
The reason why this technique attracts attention is that it is possible to make without shaving and without grooving. However, it is convenient to people with less hair loss. Experts can plant 2000-35000 grafts from nape. Thanks to its special pen, it is more convenient than FUE in adjusting the angle and density of the transplanted hair. Since local anesthesia is available in both techniques, pain is not expectable during the procedure.
How Does the Post-Hair Transplant Process Work?
How the hair transplant growth process is among the most curious subjects. People want to know when they will return to their daily lives and what they should or should not do in the process.
- Since hair transplantation does not require stitches, there is no scar.
- The first 7 days after the operation is very important. It is important to follow the instructions given against the risk of infection. Avoid places such as hot water, Turkish bath, sauna.
- Redness may occur during the healing process of wounds. In order not to increase the redness, it is necessary to protect the treated area from sunlight.
- Itching is possible to felt for the first 15 days. However, the treated area should not be itchy.
- While the recovery period is 10 days for FUE, it is 5-6 days for DHI hair transplantation technique.
- You can return to your daily life immediately. However, experts recommend that you stay at home for 3-4 days, drink plenty of water and stay away from salt. On the other hand, if you are working or studying, you can get a medical report for 7-10 days.
- Depending on the patient’s body sensitivity, swelling may occur on the scalp and face. The swelling goes down in 3-4 days.
- Hair should not come into contact with water for several days. Afterwards, you can wash with the recommended shampoo.
- In the first 10 days, skin shedding may occur. Shells should never be plucked by hand.
- During the first few weeks, the transplanted hair falls out with shock shedding. This is a normal situation. Hair starts to grow back 3-4 months after transplantation.
- The transplanted hair may not grow evenly at the beginning. This is not a problem. It takes 8-10 months for the growth phase to end and the hair to grow.
Our experienced staff applies the hair transplant process in a very detailed and helpful way. Please contact us through our website to learn more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Six to nine months after surgery, you will experience the new hair of yourself again.
For speeding up the process; it is important to care you diet, drink much water, not to use hat or any cover on your head will help you.
There is a stage which is called the busting period and it is the 6. month after the operation.