Maybe when someone asks you, “Do you know your hair type?” you answer confidently. So, do you really know the hair type? Do you know what features your hair has? If you answer ‘no’ to these questions, read on. On our blog, you can find everything you need to know about your specific hair type.
Normal hair type is ideal hair type. The person with this hair type has healthy and aesthetic hair. Hair of normal hair type, which can be easily preserved with regular care and cleaning, is easy to care for. The hair is strong and with a balanced distribution of oils, flexible hair is seen in this hair type.
- Becomes greasy only to avoid drying out
- It has no dry ends
- Is shiny and silky
- Doesn’t become greasy easily
How To Care For Your Normal Hair Type?
- Use a moderate amount of shampoo
- Never sleep with wet hair
- Don’t wash it with very hot water
- You can apply your conditioner to the ends of your hair.
The oily hair occurs with the overwork of the sebaceous glands. Overworked sebaceous glands produce a lot of sebum, which causes the hair to become weaker. Since light-colored hair is more sensitive than dark-colored hair, oiliness occurs more in light colors.
- Becomes dirty easily
- Excess oil at the roots
How To Care For Your Oily Hair Type?
- Use a lightweight shampoo
- Avoid hair products that are too oily
- Use warm or cold water. Hot water stimulates oil production
- Wash your hair with a shampoo that usually has dry hair properties
- It may be beneficial to use hair masks such as clay
- Prefer to usually wash your hair in the morning
In dry hair type, sufficient sebum is not produced for the hair and the hair cannot be fed. Non-nourished hair looks lifeless and is extremely susceptible to wear. In dry hair, hair loses its elasticity and can be easily broken. They can show half the flexibility compared to healthy hair. In dry hair, hair is not able to retain the required amount of water in it and is therefore weak.
- Lack of elasticity and shine
- Difficult to untangle
- Sensitive to chlorine, salt water and dyes
How To Care For Your Dry Hair Type?
- Use a moisturizing shampoo for dry hair
- Wash your hair every 4 days
- It may be helpful to use conditioner every time you wash your hair.
- Leave it for a few minutes to soak your hair in before rinsing out
- Use hair products with sun protection, especially during extended periods of time in the sun
- Avoid straighteners, electric curlers and blow dryers
In the mixed hair, the sebaceous glands work over, but the scalp is unhealthy and bad. Therefore, the oil produced accumulates on the scalp and the oil needed for the hair cannot circulate properly. The scalp absorbs the oil again. This condition causes some skin diseases that occur on the scalp.
- Lacks volume
- Greasy roots
- Brittle, dry ends
How To Care For Your Mixed Condition Hair Type?
- Wash your hair in lukewarm water
- It is more beneficial to use hair products that are combinations in small amounts
- Only use conditioner on the ends
Other Hair Types
Apart from these four groups, there are also different hair types with certain characteristics. These hair types are generally as follows:
Although straight hair varies from fine to thick hair, it all shines brightly thanks to the oil from the scalp sliding down to keep the hair moist and healthy.
- Doesn’t tangle easily
- Limp, doesn’t hold a curl
- Not frizzy
- Any imperfections are easily noticeable.
How To Care For Your Mixed Straight Hair Type?
- Wash your hair every other day
- Cut the ends of your hair every three or four months
- When your hair is wet, comb it with a fine-tipped comb
Wavy hair has pronounced and multiple twists from the roots to the tip. It can show different appearances, from flawless and distinct waves to fluffy, non-obvious waves, it is also one of the easiest hair types to style.
- Slightly greasy
- Tangles easily
- Not as dry as curly hair types
How To Care For Your Mixed Wavy Hair Type?
- Wash your hair at least every two days. In this way, you can prevent the accumulation of oil in your hair follicles.
- You can choose to braid your hair to make it wavy.
- Use gentle and lightweight hair products.
In curly hair, the hair has much more pronounced and real curls. Unlike curves that go back and forth in a straight S-shape, they are curls that rotate around themselves like an arc. Sometimes curvy tissues and pronounced curls can coexist.
Characteristic Features of This Hair:
- Tangles easily
- Usually gets dry and frizzy
- Humidity is its worst enemy
How To Care For Your Mixed Curly Hair Type?
- Moisture is key, use hydrating hair products
- Attach a diffuser to the blow dryer while drying your hair. This will reduce frizz and add some volume to your roots
- Dry it with a towel, after washing your hair. Friction can cause brittle hair, so do not rub your hair.
- Gently brush or comb your hair
It has a mixture of tissues in the form of tight spirals compared to normal curly hair, ranging from an arc-like shape to a zigzag shape that does not curl around itself. Natural oils on the scalp cannot easily lubricate hair strands due to their tight spirals and angles, so it is the most brittle, driest and most vulnerable to damage.
Characteristic Features of This Hair Type:
- Prone to shrinkage
- Fine and porous
How To Care For Your Mixed Kinky Hairs?
- Regularly use products that are rich in oils and moisturizing ingredients
- Use your fingers to untangle your hair and take your time, then brush it using a wide tooth comb
- Prior to washing the hair, soak it in oil (coconut, olive or castor)
- Wash your hair in sections to prevent it from getting tangled and knotted
You can contact us by filling out the contact form on our hair transplantation page to get the most appropriate advice for your hair type and hair problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hair type is all about your hair’s features. Type 1 hair is normal. And type 2 is best described as dry. Type 3 hair is oily, and type 4 is mixed.
In order to learn your hair type, you need to know the characteristics of all hair types. By comparing this information you learn with the features you notice in your own hair, you can understand which hair type you have.