Itching after hair transplant is not a process to be feared and worried about. However, there are some points that you need to pay attention to in order to overcome this process smoothly. A wrong move may cause you to lose hair follicles that have not yet taken hold. However, it is not possible for you to completely relieve itching, we have a few recommendations with which you can reduce your itching.
Why Is Itching After Hair Transplant?
It doesn’t matter what techniques your procedure is performed on. Every hair transplant will result in a very important crusting in the healing process. These crusts may cause a itchy feeling after hair transplant. The itching sensation after hair transplantation lasts approximately 2 weeks. However, in general, experiencing the following situations causes an itching after hair transplant surgery:
- In the area that begins as crusting, itching that occurs during the healing process.Itching that occurs with the onset of growths in the hair.
- This is usually the case in the stages 1 and 2. They are itching caused by the closure of the donor area where the hair follicles are taken in months.
- Precautions not taken after hair transplantation, carelessness and infection-induced itching that may occur as a result of the blow to the head area after the operation. As soon as you encounter this situation, you should immediately contact your doctor.
- It is the allergy itching caused by cosmetic products that people use unconsciously after hair transplantation procedures.
The most important thing to know is that during the first 10 days after hair transplant, the head area should not be touched. You should take care of your hair daily according to the instructions given by your doctor. You should know that the itching that occurs during the healing process is a natural condition. To prevent excessive itching, you should again use the lotions given to you by the doctor.
How To Stop Itching After Hair Transplant?
The most curious question of patients after hair transplantation is ‘how to get rid of itching after hair transplant?’. It is unlikely that you will completely pass the itchy donor area after hair transplant. But there are some ways you can reduce of scalp itching after hair transplant. These:
- Washing your hair regularly after the first wash will allow the crusts to be cleaned from the planting area and moisturize the sowing area that remains without moisture. Thus, the risk of excessive itching is eliminated.
- We recommend that you use anti-itch shampoo and care products suitable for your scalp after hair transplant recommended by your doctor. If you use shampoo or care products that are not suitable for the sensitivity of the transplanted area, the itching may increase in your donor area. For this reason, you should wash your hair with a shampoo recommended by your doctor.
- Since a dirty and dusty environment will increase the itching of your hair follicles, we recommend that you do not be in such environments for about 2 weeks.
- Moisturizing your transplant area properly and making a cold compress will also relieve the excessive itching sensation.
- Topical ointments with steroid content that your doctor will recommend are also effective in relieving the itching in your planting area. Itching medicine after hair transplantation helps to relax this area.
How Long Itching After Hair Transplant?
Another question that patients who have hair transplantation are most curious about is ‘how long does itching last after hair transplant?’. Severe itching after hair transplant lasts approximately 2 weeks. After that, the itching sensation decreases and disappears. However, in order for your head itching after hair transplant to pass within this time, you need to follow the recommendations mentioned above.
Itchy Scalp 4 Months After Hair Transplant
One month after hair transplantation, your new hair begins to grow. In this process, you may experience a feeling of itching. This is a normal process. However, it begins hair transplant itching 3 months. Although this feeling lasts intermittently, it decreases and disappears over time.
5 Months After Hair Transplant
Itchy Scalp 5 Months After Hair Transplant: The itching problem that occurs after hair transplantation usually lasts for 20 days. The holes drilled in the scalp are quite small, but these holes are seen as injuries in medical language. The itching experienced after hair transplantation is actually the healing stage of the holes opened in the hair roots.
Itching After 1 Month Hair Transplant
The growth and growth of the transplanted hair can cause a serious itching. The fact that newly transplanted hair begins to grow under the scalp occurs 1 to 2 months after the operation. For this reason, when you say that the full crusting itch is over, you may face the itching of growth. However, the itching sensation is not very frequent in hair transplantation.
So instead of a constant itching sensation, you may face an itch sensation from time to time. The elongation at the place where the hair follicles are collected takes place in a long process. For this reason, you may experience an itching sensation at regular intervals.
Is Itching a Good Sign?
Another question that patients wonder during the healing process after hair transplantation is “is itching a good sign after hair transplant?”. Yes, the presence of dryness after hair transplant is a good signal that the process area is improving. However, if you cannot stand the itching sensation and scratch your process area, your transplanted hair may dislodge.
This prevents you from achieving a successful result in your hair transplantation process. For this reason, we recommend that you do not scratch your scalp after the procedure. Instead, you can follow the massage or washing recommendations recommended by your doctor.
There are some applications that you can do as an itching after hair transplant treatment. As we mentioned above, these are the cream and lotion applications recommended by your doctor. At the same time, you need to wash your scalp regularly. As a medicine for itching after hair transplant, you need to moisturize the transplant area properly. Applying a cold compress also relieves the feeling of excessive itching.
Dermatitis After Hair Transplant
Seborrheic dermatitis, which occurs in hair transplant patients, is not known. It occurs mostly due to excessive injury of the scalp during transplantation. At its core, it is a reaction of the skin and after a while it heals on its own. It is natural to have symptoms such as redness, dandruff and itching.
How To Reduce Itching After Hair Transplant
You should never scratch your scalp. This is very important and can never be taken lightly. You should definitely not scratch your scalp. If you can’t stand it and scratch it, you can damage the hair follicles and this invites infection. Therefore, you should heed the doctor’s advice. Although the itching that occurs after hair transplantation is usually bearable, it sometimes becomes excessive. If this excessive itching condition continues for a long time, you should not intervene without consulting your doctor and you should never scratch.
In order not to face the itching that occurs after hair transplantation, you should wash your hair at the time intervals recommended by your doctor. Hair washing, which is an obligatory care routine after hair transplantation, eliminates crusting, which is the biggest cause of hair itching. For this reason, you should never interrupt your hair washing process.
For more information about hair transplantation procedures, you can contact us by filling out the form on our hair transplantation page.
Frequently Asked Questions
For this, you should only use shampoo and care products recommended by your doctor. Otherwise, you may have an allergic reaction. With the relaxing shampoo and conditioners recommended by your doctor, the itching sensation will be minimized.
We do not recommend scratching your scalp in the first month after hair transplantation. Instead, it’s okay to wash your hair regularly, apply lotion, and gently massage your scalp with your fingertips.
You will not feel itching during the hair transplantation process. However, you may feel itching in the first month of the future. This is a natural process.